With each release of DB2®, IBM® continues to focus on maintaining the excellent SQL query optimization and performance that customers expect. The DB2 V10.1 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows® release is no different, with the addition of the following improvements.
In this article
- Automatic performance improvements for common types of SQL queries including star schema based queries.
- New features that customers can use to further increase the speed of their SQL queries.
- New features that customers can use to reduce the complexity of tuning certain types of SQL queries.
- Enhanced memory sharing on large POWER7® systems running AIX®.
This paper describes these additions.
|Article in PDF format||DB2V10_Query_Perf_Enhancements_0412.pdf||587KB|
- Visit the "DB2 Version 10.1" Information Center.
- Learn more about Best Practices.
- Follow developerWorks on Twitter.
- Watch developerWorks on-demand demos advanced functionality for experienced developers.
Get products and technologies
- Evaluate IBM products in the way that suits you best: Download a product trial, try a product online, use a product in a cloud environment, or spend a few hours in the SOA Sandbox learning how to implement Service Oriented Architecture efficiently.