This paper provides hands-on guidance for how to install and set up an IBM® DB2® Content Manager V8.4.2 system on Sun Solaris 10 using Oracle Database 10g Release 2 in an Oracle Real Application Cluster, deploying an active-active high availability environment. For the Content Manager resource manager Web application, the document shows how to configure a managed cell with two nodes using IBM WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment and one cluster running two resource manager application server instances using IBM WebSphere Application Server.
In this article
- Design considerations for a highly available topology
- Scenario description
- Hardware setup
- Operating system configuration
- Oracle clusterware installation
- Oracle database software installation
- WebSphere Application Server preparation
- Content Manager installation
- Validation and test
This paper shows how to enable highly available content management solutions on officially supported platforms, using IBM DB2 Content Manager V8.4.2. It serves as a reference example, showing how to set up the Content Manager stack in a highly available configuration, and outlines the relationships between the components in the stack.
Because Content Manager components are a hybrid of databases, database applications, Web applications, and thick client applications, the configuration presented here makes strong use of the platform and operating system-specific cluster support and the high availability (HA) capabilities built into the database and Web application server products. HA environments are designed to eliminate single points of failure throughout the application stack. In our scenario, we accomplish this by leveraging the HA capabilities and services in Oracle Database 10g R2, WebSphere Application Server, and the clustering software support provided by the underlying operating systems.
|Article in PDF format||ContentManagerHA-Oracle.pdf||6.97|
- Learn more about IBM Content Manager on the Content Manager page on ibm.com.
- In the Enterprise Content Management Zone developerWorks, get the resources you need to advance your skills on IBM Content Manager.
- Browse the technology bookstore for books on these and other technical topics.
Get products and technologies
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from DB2, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, and WebSphere.