The DB2DEMO program demonstrates the functionality of IBM® DB2® 10.1 for Linux®, UNIX®, and Windows®, including:
- Referential integrity
- Domains and constraints
- Recursive SQL
- Outer joins
Advanced object-relational features
- Large object support (BLOBs)
- User-defined types
- User-defined functions
- Table functions
- Row-types and typed tables
- Reference types
- SQL PL stored procedure language
- SQL/XML functions
- XML data type
- XQuery language extensions
Business intelligence features
- Star schema support
- Multi-dimensional analysis
- Dynamic bitmap indexes
- Automatic summary tables
- Table partitioning
In order to use this program, you need the following configuration:
- Windows operating system (Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7)
- Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or any suitable browser)
- Access to a DB2 system with the SAMPLE database
Your workstation or laptop should have a minimum of 1GB of memory to run Windows and DB2, although more than 2GB is ideal. The DB2DEMO program itself needs approximately 5MB of disk space for the program and help files, but this can grow to 20MB to hold the sample tables that are created during the demonstration.
The program will work with DB2 Version 8+, but not all features will work if you use a down-level server. In addition to having a DB2 server available, the
SAMPLE database must be created beforehand, otherwise the program will not
be able to run any of the examples. The SAMPLE database is normally
created as part of the First Steps program after the DB2 installation is
complete. If you need to create the SAMPLE database, use the
While the SAMPLE database is the default database used by the DB2DEMO program, any database can be accessed by the program on all of the DB2 supported platforms, including:
- Linux (all platforms)
- Windows Vista® Windows XP®, Windows 2003, Windows 7
Although the database can reside on one of these machines, the actual client (demo) must run on Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7. For details on how to do this, please see the installation section in the documentation.
Download DB2DEMO now and explore what things DB2 can do!
|DB2 demo program for DB2 9.5||DB2DemoSETUP.exe||5.3MB|
|DB2 demo program guide||DB2Demo-Program-Guide.pdf||493KB|
- Visit the developerWorks resource page for DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows to read articles and tutorials and connect to other resources to expand your DB2 skills.
- Learn about DB2 Express-C, the no-charge version of DB2 Express Edition for the community.
- Learn more about the Professional certification program from IBM.
- developerWorks tutorials: Check out the many developerWorks tutorials available to help you with certification preparation.
Get products and technologies
- Download a trial version of DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- Now you can use DB2 for free. Download DB2 Express-C, a no-charge version of DB2 Express Edition for the community that offers the same core data features as DB2 Express Edtion and provides a solid base to build and deploy applications.
- Download IBM product evaluation versions and get your hands on application development tools and middleware products from Business analytics, Information Management, Lotus®, Rational®, Tivoli®, WebSphere®, and more.