You can easily load data from an input file into an Informix® table with a TimeSeries column by using IBM® Informix TimeSeries Plug-in for Data Studio. You can also use the plug-in with IBM Optim™ Developer Studio.
You must have the following prerequisites before you load data:
- IBM Data Studio or IBM Optim Developer Studio with the Informix TimeSeries Plug-in for Data Studio installed
- An existing table with a TimeSeries column
- Primary key values in your table and a time series defined for each row
- A file of time-based data that you want to load into the database
- Connectivity information for the Informix database server that contains the time series table
The TimeSeries plug-in includes a cheat sheet that provides detailed instructions for loading data.
The TimeSeries plug-in loads data files with the following characteristics:
- All Informix data types are allowed.
- The data can be formatted as a singly-delimited, doubly-delimited, fixed-width, or LSE formatted data stream: for example: one or more files, databases, or URLs.
- The data must be ASCII characters.
- The pipe symbol (|) is interpreted as a delimiter.
- Field delimiters can be any ASCII character or regular expression representable in Java™ technology.
- The maximum size of the input file is set by your Java implementation.
The maximum number of load jobs you can run simultaneously is limited by the capabilities of your computer.
- Learn how to install the TimeSeries Plug-in for Data Studio.
- Learn how to load data with the TimeSeries Plug-in for Data Studio.
- Get information about planning for loading TimeSeries data.
- Follow an example to create and load a time series.
- In the Informix area on developerWorks, get the resources you need to advance your Informix skills.
Get products and technologies
- Download a trial or free version of IBM Informix.