The DB2® Data Warehouse Center (DWC) to DB2 Data Warehouse Edition (DWE) migration tool is an Eclipse-based tool that helps DWC users migrate their existing DWC (V8) artifacts into the DWE (V9) SQL Warehousing Tool (SQW) environment. The tool consists of a set of Eclipse plug-ins that can be easily installed on top of the existing DWE Design Studio.
Version 1.2 of the DWC Migration tool for DWE 9.1.2 was released on September 7, 2007. Please see the readme.html file in the dwcmigration.zip for information about the new features and changes made in this version.
The DWC Migration tool for DB2 Warehouse (DB2W) 9.5 was released on January 10, 2008. For information about the new features and changes made in this version, see the readme.html file in the dwcmigration95.zip. Note that the migration tool contains the same functionality as the DWE 9.1.2 version. This package is required in order to use the migration tool with the DB2 Warehouse 9.5 release, due to the enhancements made to the base product in order to support the migration tool.
To migrate the DWC processes into the Design Studio on DWE 9.1.2, you must install the migration tool after installing the DWE 9.1.2 product suite. For information on installing the DWE product suite, see the DB2 Data Warehouse Edition Installation Guide.
To migrate the DWC processes into the Design Studio on DB2W 9.5, you must install the migration tool after installing the DB2W Enterprise Edition V9.5 product suite.
DWC users can use the migration tool to:
- Map DWC data resources to SQW database connections and physical data models
- Migrate existing DWC processes into SQW control flows and data flows
- Migrate existing DWC process execution logic into corresponding DWE features
The migration tool provides an easy-to-use graphical user interface that is tightly integrated with the DWE Design Studio. Users can leverage DWE Design Studio features, such as Rational Data Architect physical data modeling, to design their data warehouses, and they can use the control flow and data flow editors to fine tune the flows that the tool generates from DWC processes.
Technical support is provided on a best-effort basis using the Problem Reporting Tool (PRT). Before submitting an issue or a problem, please ensure that :
- You are using the most recent version of the DWC to DWE Migration tool. The current version can be found in the readme.html file inside the dwcmigration.zip download, or by locating the version at the bottom of the "Advanced Options" tab of the "DWC Migration" view after the migration tool has been installed.
- You have read the DWC Migration Guide included with the dwcmigration.zip download - Chapter 1 identifies functionality that is not automatically migrated by the migration tool and that will require manual intervention.
- You have read the readme.html and the problem you are reporting is not a known limitation.
Additional Data Warehouse Edition tools
The following DWE tools are also available:
- WebSphere Appication Server-based DWE Administration Console command line extension for AIX and Windows
- SQW operator developer guide
- Crash recovery for DWE SQW process instances and runtime metadata
|DWC to DWE 9.1.2 migration tool||dwcmigration.zip||7.11 MB|
|Data Warehouse Edition tools||various||various|
|DWC to DB2W 9.5.2 migration tool||dwcmigration952.zip||19.46 MB|
- "Best practices for choosing DB2 Data Warehousing variable phases" (developerWorks, Feb 2006): Optimize your DB2 Data Warehouse Edition flow with a good understanding of variable usage.
- "Crash recovery utility for DB2 Data Warehouse Edition SQL Warehousing Tool" (developerWorks, Jan 2006): Protect your data warehouse environment using this downloadable crash recovery utility.
- In the Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence area on developerWorks, get the resources you need to advance your skills in the data warehousing arena.