The IBM DB2 Workshop for Database Professionals is a technical, hands-on workshop designed to help you quickly and easily extend your existing skills to IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. The workshop assumes experience with relational database systems, as well as PL/SQL technology. It teaches the differences and advantages of IBM DB2, comparing DB2 to the technologies with which you are already familiar.
This course has been offered as an in-person learning workshop, which is the recommended way to complete the class so you can interact with instructors and students. However, this self-paced workshop provides increased flexibility and an opportunity to learn on your own schedule. The lectures and labs are taken from the in-person workshop, with audio recordings from the instructors, as well as text transcripts.
Check IBM DB2 Workshop for Oracle Professionals to see the continually updated schedule of dates and locations for the in-person learning workshop. Also check this self-paced workshop often for supplemental materials.
Downloading the self-paced workshop
After you register, you'll have access to all the assets of the IBM DB2 Workshop for Database Professionals, including the following:
Once you have completed this virtual workshop, here are additional no-charge resources for DB2 that you can leverage.
- Check for in-person versions of this workshop.
- Download the DB2 e-kit for database professionals.
- Listen to the IBM DB2 Webcast Series for Oracle Professionals.
- Look inside the DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition article series.
- Browse the list of Advanced Information Management workshops.
- Listen to the DB2 Tech Talk series of webcasts.
- Download and use DB2 Express-C (free community edition).
- Download and use DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows (trial).
- Download the DB2 Discovery Kit.
- Join a DB2 community.
- Browse the IBM training catalog for DB2 courses and complete the certification roadmap for DB2.