Step 3: Associate the script packages with virtual image parts
Its time to attach the script packages to a virtual system pattern.
Log in to the Workload Service:
- Click Patterns >Virtual Systems.
- Click the Add icon plus sign to create a new virtual system pattern. Enter the name
- Click OK.
- On the right panel, select the Edit icon to display the Pattern Editor.
- On the left panel, from the Parts selection, drag the IBM WebSphere® Application Server v7.0 for IWD part and drop it on the canvas.
- On the left panel, select Script Packages.
- Drag the InstallJava script package and drop it on top of the WebSphere part that is already on the canvas. Repeat for the InstallOSAgent script package.
- Make sure that the order of the scripts is correct. InstallJava must be first in the execution order followed by InstallOSAgent, so that Java can be installed prior to installing the OS Agent. If you need to change the order, click the Ordering link in the Pattern Editor.
- On the canvas, click the Edit Parameter icon for the InstallOSAgent script package. This opens a window. Enter or edit the value for the TEMS_IP variable (this is the IP address of your monitoring server). If you don't want this value to be changed by anyone upon deployment, lock the field by clicking the lock icon alongside TEMS_IP in the window.
- Click Done Editing on top of the canvas to save the virtual system pattern and exit the Pattern Editor.