Migrate to SoftLayer
IBM and SoftLayer have come together to extend and expand the IBM SmartCloud Infrastructure as a Service portfolio with a world class, highly automated, self services cloud infrastructure that hides the complexity of cloud.
IBM is encouraging all SmartCloud Enterprise customers and partners to migrate eligible workloads to the SoftLayer cloud environment. All migrations must be completed no later than 31 January 2014, at which time access to SmartCloud Enterprise will no longer be available.
Use IBM software for development at no charge
IBM® has made some of our market leading software available at no charge on IBM SmartCloud® Enterprise for development and test use.
What is a development use only (DUO) image?
A development use only (DUO) image is a type available on the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise (IBM Cloud) for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) or Systems Integrators (SIs) whose core business is solely the delivery of commercially available network delivered applications or Software as a Service (SaaS) applications for end users in the marketplace.
To use DUO images, you must agree that you qualify as an ISV or SI and that you are using DUO images for one of the following purposes:
- Development and testing: DUO images can be used for development and testing of generally available commercial network delivered applications or Software as a Service applications for end users in the marketplace. Restrictions apply for use of the Rational DUO images. Please see the Services Description document for terms (#2 on the View contracts page).
You can not use a DUO image for production use including fee generation. Examples of such misuse include but are not limited to:
There is no cost for use of DUO image software; only an hourly charge for the computing resources infrastructure. Read more about licensing and pricing options. You must be the account administrator of your SmartCloud Enterprise account to request the images you want to enable in your image catalog for use.
DUO product images
The following products are available as DUO images:
- Case Manager
- IBM Cloud Simulator for IBM Tivoli® Service Automation Manager
- Industry Application Platform: WebSphere® Application Server, DB2® Express-C, WebSphere MQ
- Lotus® Domino Enterprise Server
- Process Center Advanced and Process Server Advanced
- Rational® Quality Manager SE
- Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Requirements Composer)
- WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager Enterprise and Standard Editions
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere sMash
Existing SmartCloud Enterprise customers
To request DUO images for your SmartCloud Enterprise account, your account administrator must download, complete and submit the DUO enablement request form.
Use of a DUO image is governed by the agreements and image terms for the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise Services.
DUO image charges
DUO images have no charge associated with them for the software, only an hourly charge for the computing resources infrastructure and operating system software provisioned with the DUO Image. Read more about licensing and pricing options.