What is BPM?
Business process management is all about collaborating between business and IT to build better processes to increase business agility and improve customer satisfaction. With IBM Business Process Management solutions, you can optimize business performance by documenting, deploying and continuously improving end-to-end business processes.
To get started with business process management, you need to focus on delivering business value. Take an incremental approach that allows you to quickly prove value with a single project, build competency and skills, and extend across the enterprise. One particularly effective approach to adopting business process management is the Center of Excellence (COE) approach.
Business process management roadmap
IBM Business Process Management has four focus areas: business monitoring, process automation, decision management, and process discovery and design, includes the following key products:
- IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive business process management platform that gives you visibility and insight to manage your business processes. It scales smoothly and easily from an initial project to a full enterprise-wide program. Read articles and tutorials on IBM Business Process Manager for both business and technical users.
- IBM Business Monitor provides end-to-end business process and activity monitoring along with dashboards representing insight that can be used in process optimization. Read articles about IBM Business Monitor for both business and technical users.
- IBM Operational Decision Manager integrates business events and business rules to automate decisions across processes and applications.
- Blueworks Live is a cloud-based business process management tool that enables collaboration and process automation. Read articles about Blueworks Live.
For resources on IBM Business Process Management for both business and IT users, see the developerWorks BPM zone.
The quarterly IBM Business Process Management Journal is another great source for articles and columns about business process management products and methodology.
Improve your skills
- Find out how to get IBM Certified BPM professional certification from IBM WebSphere Education.
How can I learn more about BPM?
Bookmark and visit the developerWorks BPM zone to learn more about the IBM Business Process Management platform and tools, whether you're a just beginning your business process management journey or are already an expert. This site is updated every week with the latest events, product announcements, articles, tutorials, trial downloads, and more.
IBM Redbooks typically provide positioning and value guidance, installation and implementation experiences, typical solution scenarios, and step-by-step "how-to" guidelines. They often include sample code and other support materials that are also available as downloads from this site.
IBM Press books address the wide range of IBM WebSphere products and services, architectures, and business solutions. With books designed to help users prepare for IBM WebSphere certifications, master the implementation and support of a diverse range of products and solutions, and educate business leaders.