tips and tricks for a new user: Check out other parts in this series.
- "Working in the bash shell" (developerWorks, May 2006): A step-by-step tutorial that describes the features of
- "Learn 10 good UNIX usage habits" (developerWorks, December 2006): This article gives examples of good usage habits in the shell, including hints on quoting variables and running subshells.
documentation: Read this documentation on inline input.
- "Produce device-independent documentation with Groff" (developerWorks, June 2006): This tutorial uses inline input to show how to process input documents with the Groff typesetting system.
- Check out other articles and tutorials written by Michael Stutz:
- Search the AIX and UNIX library by topic:
- System administration
- Application development
- Tools and utilities
- Java™ technology
- Open source
AIX and UNIX: The AIX and UNIX developerWorks zone provides a wealth of information relating to all aspects of AIX systems administration and expanding your UNIX skills.
New to AIX and UNIX: Visit the New to AIX and UNIX page to learn more about AIX and UNIX.
AIX 5L Wiki: A collaborative environment for technical information related to AIX.
Safari bookstore: Visit this e-reference library to find specific technical resources.
developerWorks technical events and webcasts: Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
Podcasts: Tune in and catch up with IBM technical experts.
Get products and technologies
IBM trial software: Build your next development project with software for download directly from developerWorks.
- Participate in the developerWorks blogs and get involved in the developerWorks community.
Participate in the AIX and UNIX forums:
- AIX 5L -- technical forum
- AIX for Developers Forum
- Cluster Systems Management
- IBM Support Assistant
- Performance Tools -- technical
- Virtualization -- technical
- More AIX and UNIX forums