- UNIX tips and tricks for a new user: Check out other parts in this series.
- vi reference sheet: Explore this reference sheet and keep it handy during the tutorial.
- Paper for freebsd.org: Bill Joy, the creator of the original version of vi, wrote this paper, which includes a complete reference of vi commands.
- vim.org: Learn more about vi from this site. vim is a modern version of vi, which is included in many Linux and UNIX-like operating systems.
- Bram Moolenaar: Learn more about vi from one of vim's developers.
- vi Lover's homepage: This site has extensive version information and links to complete vi references.
- Unix.org: The Open Group's site can teach you more about UNIX and UNIX certifications.
- Linux.org: Learn more about Linux, an open source UNIX-like operating system.
- AIX and UNIX: Visit the developerWorks AIX and UNIX zone to expand your UNIX skills.
- New to AIX and UNIX: Visit the New to AIX and UNIX page to learn more about AIX and UNIX.
technical events and webcasts: Stay current with developerWorks technical events and webcasts.
- AIX 5L Wiki: A collaborative environment for technical information related to AIX.
- Podcasts: Tune in and catch up with IBM technical experts.
Get products and technologies
- IBM trial software: Build your next development project with software for download directly from developerWorks.
Participate in the AIX and UNIX forums:
- AIX 5L -- technical
- AIX for Developers Forum
- Cluster Systems Management
- IBM Support Assistant
- Performance Tools -- technical
- Virtualization -- technical
- More AIX and UNIX forums
- Participate in the developerWorks
blogs and get involved in the developerWorks community.