Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
Cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) from IBM enables speed and dexterity for the faster delivery of new offerings and services. IaaS frees up resources your organization would otherwise use to house, run and maintain the equipment. This approach is best suited for resource intensive activities, such as development and testing. IBM hardware, software and services can also provide advance management capabilities, service assurance and integration for on and off-premise cloud resources.
For organizations that want to build their own private cloud infrastructure, IBM offers IBM SmartCloud Foundation. Build an environment that encourages innovation by simplifying and standardizing your underlying infrastructure, improving efficiencies through dynamic provisioning and scheduling, self-service through automation, and integrity of data and processes through a security-rich environment.
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise and Enterprise+
IBM SmartCloud Enterprise and the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+ enable you to align your IaaS environment to the needs of your business in six ways:
- Technology platform: Establish dexterity across hypervisors and hardware platforms including IBM System x, IBM System i, IBM System z, IBM Power Systems and other key components.
- Management, support and deployment: Gain greater transparency and control by choosing either a public cloud solution (IBM SmartCloud Enterprise) or a managed service (IBM SmartCloud Enterprise+).
- Availability and performance: Achieve industry-leading service level agreements (SLAs), up to 99.9%.
- Security and isolation: Choose a secure hosted infrastructure with options to configure firewalls, deploy VPN or VLAN to your data center, or access dedicated pods within secure IBM data centers.
- Payment and billing: Access virtual machine resources with models tuned to your needs, from pay-as-you-go pricing to reserved capacity and optional managed services payment models.
- Global expertise and scale. Deployed in Canada: Allows you to keep data in country or expand into new markets through this globally available delivery channel.
IBM SmartCloud Services trial. No charge.
Experience the power of IBM public cloud infrastructure and platform services.
Are you interested in becoming a cloud provider?
Build the groundwork for IaaS
Why infrastructure matters. A lot.
Are you running Microsoft Server application workloads?
Access security-rich, enterprise-class virtual server environments well suited for development and test activities and other dynamic workloads.
Control costs and enable security-rich access to corporate applications and data with a virtual cloud-based desktop environment.
Backup and recovery
Index, search, retrieve and store data while getting scalable protection with simplified restore capabilities.
Managed cloud security
Secure your information assets from Internet attacks with web-based managed security services.